Sunday, March 22, 2009

Squirrel Dater wants me to post something....



Something.


Just kidding. Ok, Squirrel Dater....here is a post for you.

So I haven't had the best of weeks. I have the Weekend at Bernie's Manslaughter Prelim coming up, still haven't prepared for it, had a couple of out-of-town conflict matters in my old City...it's been busy.

So, I go to my old city, and the second day I was there, I was supposed to conduct a trial which involved at least 9 Sgts. of that City's particular Police Service. Lots of stripes in the room. We ultimately settled the matter, no small thanks to the Defence Counsel who I swear to Goddess is the Second Coming of FogHorn LegHorn....

So I leave the Courthouse to find...my effing car has been booted. Yes, a nice little device that they attach to your vehicle to ensure you pay your outstanding parking tickets. There was also a large orange sticker pasted to my vehicle that announced I was a deadbeat that had not paid her tickets....classy stuff. In fairness, I think at least 3 of those tickets were as a result of the Tricky Man using my vehicle last year. So I phoned him and made him pay my tickets in line, while I phoned the City Treasurer's office and demanded in my best lawyer voice that they get their Parking Nazis back over there to unboot my car. How embarraskin'.


In other news, Squirrel Dater also demanded that I meet up for my first online date. He is a cowboy, not that uncommon in this neck of the woods. The men are men here, and the cows are nervous.


We talked for 3 hours, and probably would have talked for longer, but we got kicked out of the restaurant so that they could close. He seemed nice, a bit nervous at first, but I think it went pretty well, and he said he would phone me tonight to see how my day at the ski hill went today.

I can honestly say that I am not over the Tricky Man completely (hey, it's only been a few weeks), but I think I can probably control those feelings.

And for those of you who are worried about the Whole Body Vibration Exercise, I now have the go-ahead from the seller to phone a $%^ing electrician to fix the damn thing. So hopefully I will be jiggling my uterus again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you haven't given up on the blog after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cowboys can be good, but I would have to insist on better teeth.

    ReplyDelete