Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Waking up with a dog in my bed....


So this morning I hauled my 39-year-old body out of my bed. But first, I rolled over and gave Bob the Dog an ear scratch. Then, I put on my fuzzy, non-sexy robe, thrust my feet into some slippers and shuffled off to make a caramel macchiato. I peed with the door to the bathroom open, made as much noise as I wanted, then went downstairs to listen to Cosmo radio online and return emails. There is a bit of a mess upstairs, but it is all mine.


Why do I want a boyfriend?


I know that without one, life gets a bit lonely. After all, Mama has needs. But seriously...do those needs outweigh the utter joy of answering to no man? I paint my walls whatever colour I want, with nobody telling me it is too "girly." I have microwave popcorn and diet coke for supper when I feel like it. I can pull on my yoga pants and a sweatshirt and pull my hair into a ponytail without someone going making that squooshy face at me, as he picks the ever-growing hole in the crotch of his sweats.
I know tomorrow I will feel differently. But today, I am basking in the absolute joy of freedom.

3 comments:

  1. Bob actually really doesn't like most men, aside from his dogsitter, my dad and my brother. If he had his way, he would happily have me remain a spinster forever. Selfish beast.

    ReplyDelete