Friday, February 20, 2009

Day Two of Whole Body Vibration Experiment - Holy Hell I Am Sore!!!!

Ok, so day two and I am sore. I decided on 4 seperate 10-minute workouts spaced at least 20-minutes apart. I did an overall body workout, a core workout, a detox workout and a stretching session on the machine yesterday. Today I started the day with two sessions, one an overall body workout, one an upper body workout with light weights. And I am feelin' it sistas.


My friend Squirrel Dater came home from the Dominican after two weeks away looking way too relaxed and tanned. So I subjected her to the machine. As I cranked it up to 15, I yelled "doesn't it feel like your uterus is going to fall out??" and she hopped off, laughing hysterically. The consensus is that anything over 14 makes you feel REALLY funny. And not necessarily in the good way that I thought it might.


So The Tricky Man and I are going away for a couple of days. I have to go to a really scary place to interview witnesses, but we are going to try to seize some time together while we are gone and stay about 50 kilometers north of the scary place. No Tricky Offspring, No Hard C Ex-Wife, no dogs.... I consider this a last ditch attempt to determine whether there is enough between us. We, in the 4 years that we have known each other, have never gone away without The Tricky Offspring. Family Vacations not involving Chevy Chase are usually fraught with kid-related issues which are (a) not hilarious and (b) usually stinky, sticky, messy or just flat-out mystifying.


We are staying at the Union Bank Inn... http://www.unionbankinn.com/ , one of my favorite little boutique motels in Canada. Another favorite is the Wedgewood Hotel in Vancouver... http://www.wedgewoodhotel.com/ . While my life is quite simple, and my needs modest, I feel absolutely gleeful when I step foot in a nice hotel room or a quality spa.

First pic is the Wedgewood. Next pic, the Union Bank.



I am hoping that the Tricky One leaves his atrocious touque at home (it makes his face look like the moon), that he actually brings clean clothes, and that he can muster up some romantic moments. So far he is super-excited about the prospect of going to an IKEA (there is no IKEA in our area), but not a lot of "can't-wait-to-gaze-lovingly-into-your-eyes-over-a-candlelit-dinner" isms.

No comments:

Post a Comment