Monday, February 16, 2009

Hoarfrost and the re-feminization of our culture!!





Hoarfrost yesterday on the hill. It looked like diamonds hanging off the trees. It was a clear, cold and sunny day here on the almost prairies. They keep telling me it is a dry cold, but when the wind comes up, does it really matter.


The Tricky Man came out yesterday, with the youngest Tricky Offspring in tow. I gave him my Valentine's Day gift (thoughtfully picked out) and a card, and he gave me...a card. D'oh. We are going to Edmonton next weekend for a weekend away, but seriously. No flowers. No candy.


He did, however, pay me back the $100 he owed me.


Yup Yup, he is a keeper.


However I am getting some significant flirt from a couple different sources - a cop (badges are a bad choice) and a criminal defence lawyer (even worse choice). All flirtations have been very innocent.


I truly believe that when women stop flirting, they die a little. I flirt with the guy who makes my coffee, the security guys at the courthouse, the gas station attendant, and in a small way, my 94 year old grandfather.


Little girls are flirts almost from birth, but society breeds it out of them. We are, in a large way, a shame-based gender. In order to survive in a man's world, we feel as though we should wear navy suits with our hair pulled back as tight as it will go.


Well, I refuse. When I started out in Vancouver, I rebelled. I wore open-toed shoes which showed off my fire-engine red toenails. I wore my hair long and flowing. I wore pink shirts to court. I can kick ass and make them eat their hearts out at the same time.


I am calling for the re-feminization of our society!!! Let this be the year that we embrace our curves, our lack of stank, our softness, and use those weapons and our intellect to kick ass! Let's go get them, tigresses.



1 comment:

  1. I am SO with you. We're biologically different so use it, baby!

    ReplyDelete