Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sometimes the best nights are the ones that you don't plan....



Well, the Tricky Man didn't come out to see me - he is coming out to the ski hill where I patrol today. I didn't get upset or angry. Instead I got dressed up, grabbed my new friend, M2, and hit the pub for some quality girl time. Before I left the Tricky Man a year ago, I would have been crying and arguing with him about how important VD was. Now, my recently empowered self waits for no man. Sister Goddesses rule.

So today I am ski patroling, which is no easy task today. It is 27 degrees celsius below zero (about -17F) with a wind from the west.

It's really really hard to get motivated this morning. I pulled my sorry bones out of bed, and am tentatively sipping a homemade non-fat caramel macchiato.

It's rewarding though. And so different than my day job. Not that putting people in jail isn't damn rewarding sometimes (some people sooooo deserve it) but, because I am not the advocate of the victim, but, rather of her Majesty the Queen, I don't necessarily have the ability to help the people harmed by the bad guys.








By the way, in case you are wondering, I make my caramel macchiatoes thusly:

10 pumps sugar free vanilla syrup
1 cup of steamed milk with a head on it
1 shot espresso
caramel drizzle (sundae syrup is what I use)

Start with the sugar free vanilla, add the steamed milk. Score (drizzle pour) the espresso over the steamed milk and then finish with the caramel - I tend to make a cross-hatch design for maximum coverage :)












































No comments:

Post a Comment