Saturday, February 28, 2009

I am sooooo glad I am not a teenager

So one of the Tricky Offspring (the older of the two) is having some problems. He is sixteen and his girlfriend's parents hate him. His teenaged angst seethed through MSN messenger this morning.


He raged that he was sick of "agism" - that the adults of the world thought that all teenagers did was do drugs, have sex and get into trouble.


I pointed out that he did do drugs, he did have sex and that, for those two things, he was in trouble with his girlfriend's parents.


My advice was to suck it up, buttercup, apologize for his behavior at one of their family parties (I mean, really, who goes to their girlfriend's family function after having smoked weed??) and take his licks.
Because I am not a Jonas brother, I probably know nothing.


**These kids are probably high.

1 comment:

  1. Or he could hire someone to investigate the girlfriend's parents' past for evidence of something juicy. Mind you, he'd need some pocket money to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete