Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ok, it's 736 am on Valentine's Day Morning - where is my breakfast in bed with the single rose laid lovingly across my tray...?

Bah. Valentine's Day simultaneouly blows and sucks. When you are sort of single, that is. When you are part of a cuddley-wuddley twosome, wrapped up in the down duvet of love, well it is fantastic.

But I am not.

I am in a highly dysfunctional non-relationship with my ex. The second run at things started in October. I haven't told my mother yet. She is going to kill me when she finds out. I know I am 39 years old, BUT she had to watch me while I was torturously living with the Tricky Man, and then had to watch how hard it was for me to leave.

He came back about 5 months ago with promises to change while on bended knee. Yep I got sucked in, even dumped the fella I was dating (ok, he was a clingy little elf, so I was going to dump him anyways) for him.

So I took him back (giant smack to the forehead) because he was in counselling and such. Guess how long the counselling lasted.

I have a great job as a prosecutor - high stress, but interesting and challenging. And I think I look pretty hot most days. And if I can get my online shopping habit cured, I think I am in a pretty good financial position. I am smart and funny, and not really needy....

And yet here I am. Hating Valentine's Day like any rational person in my position, having woken up cuddling with my dog.

Gack.

No comments:

Post a Comment